Saturday, July 04, 2009

Countdown week

Hi everyone,
This is a big week for me as early next week I am having some back surgery. Ouch! Yes, I know it sounds horrible and it is in a way but I am hopeful it will get me back to full working order. I had a nasty fall a couple of years ago and damaged my already operated on disc. Now I must go through the ordeal of a fusion and a disc replacement. It will be a challenge but I have been living with chronic pain for over a year now so anything has to be better than that! It has made me realise how hard life is for those with chronic conditions. Each day is a battle, a challenge to get through. It takes a lot of courage to keep smiling. I have to admit I've had some bad days when I've felt very sorry for myself but I hope I can pull myself out of this with my usual high spirits.
We have a little guest staying with us. His name is Archie and he followed us home after my son and I were taking Pippi and Polly out for a walk. His owners have not returned our calls as yet. We didn't have the heart to send him to the pound. He is so cute. He gets on brilliantly with Pippi but Polly is a bit of a princess and gives him such a scathing-who-is-this-bit-of-riff-raff look. It's so amusing to watch the interactions.I will have to put Archie in a future book. He really has such character.
Wish we luck for Tuesday week!
All the best,
Mel


Comments:
Good luck with your op. Hopefully you'll feel better in no time;
Sending lots of positive vibes.
posted by Blogger Miss Bougie : 8:11 AM Thanks so much Brigitte,
I am trying not to be too nervous but it is only hours away now!
All the best,
Melanie
posted by Blogger Melanie Milburne : 4:18 PM

<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?