Sunday, September 30, 2007

Finally over my jet lag

Hi Folks,

Well that was a week and a half! I felt so groggy for most of the week. I eventually came out of it by going up to the beach house and finishing my novella. I felt so much better once that was done, funny that! Italy was so many things, the images in my head (and still unfortunately in my sons' cameras) will stay with me forever. Some were not so good as is the way when one travels. You don't always see what the brochures show. We had a fabulous ride in a gondola in Venice and ate wonderful food and drank the best champagne (I know you have to call it sparkling wine outside of France) I have tasted. It was called Ferrari and it was truly wonderful as I am not a keen wine drinker. Bubbles are my thing, I even prefer my drinking water with bubbles or gas as they say in Italy. The most memorable part of our journey was the taxi driver who managed to get us to Rome in time for our flights as our ferry from Stromboli had been cancelled without notice. This meant an overnight trip on a very run down ship with malfunctioning toilets and.....well suffice it to say that is one part of the trip I'm not keen recalling! Anyway, we had no hope of making our connection by train as originally planned so this wonderful young man drove us all the way to Rome as if we were his family. He even grabbed us two luggage trolleys before we could give him the Euro coins! We gave him a big tip of course but I left Italy with a big smile on my face as I thought of that lovely young man and his positive outlook and enthusiasm. He truly missed his calling as a Formula One driver! I wish I had taken his name or number down so I could have called him and told him we made it with fifteen minutes to spare. Isn't it great to know that there are still lovely people in the world?

Have a great week!
Cheers,
Melanie x


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?