Sunday, July 29, 2007

Spring feelings

Hi everyone,
I know it's early, especially for Tasmania but I definitely feel a sense of spring in the air. The daffodils are starting to bloom and the birds seem to have more energy and song. As I am typing this I can see them darting from limb to limb of the walnut tree. Of course it might very well be freezing in a day or two, and certainly August is often our coldest month but it's still nice to think those dark evenings are gradually lengthening and the sun is coming up earlier. One of my favourite plants is daphne, it has such a beautiful lemony fragrance. I love having in a egg cup vase on my bedside table so I can smell it as I go to sleep.
I have just found Mango the cat asleep inside our grand piano. The lid has been open for a while but I can't see how it can be comfortable lying on those metallic strings!
Hope you have a good week wherever you are and whatever you are doing,
All the best,
Melanie x


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?