Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Off to Sydney!

Hi everyone,
I am sorry I am doing this three days late but this week is racing away. It is the Australian National Romance Writers'Conference this weekend so I am madly organising everything I need to take.
I mentioned last week that my swimming friend was attempting to be the first Tasmanian woman to swim the English Channel-well she did it! She did it in ten hours, three hours less than she predicted. I am so proud of her. She has raised close to $400.000 for the Children's Cancer Institute so what a legend she is. My paltry 3 km this morning seemed very tame in comparison!
I am doing some mentoring for some unpublished writers which I am enjoying immensely. It reminds me of how difficult is to to craft a really believable and heart-wrenching story. No wonder I feel exhausted after I finish each one! I have started the Harlequin Mills and Boon Centenary Anthology novella which I am enjoying. The characters are keeping me awake at night already and I'm only up to Chapter Two!
Have a great week and I'll be back with news of the conference.
Cheers
Melaniex


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?