Sunday, October 14, 2007

One more sleep

Hi folks, Well one more sleep before I head to Melbourne for my stint on crutches. I am hoping being a little housebound will mean lots of writing will get done. That is the plan anyway! It's rather annoying as the weather is just lovely right now, the lengthening evenings are just perfect for walking the dogs after dinner but I can't see myself hopping around the block with them for the next few weeks. Others will have the pleasure instead, boo hoo.

The downhill run to Christmas is about to begin. I haven't seen any decorations as yet but it won't be long. I have got my ingredients ready to do my pudding and cake as I figured I would be at home a lot and I usually do them by early November to let them mature. I love the traditions of the season although it can be stressful at times making sure everything gets done.

It is really windy outside which means I will have to be on the lookout for baby birds who often get tossed out in the wind. Mango our son's fiancee's cat is not much of a hunter but his eyes have been bulging just lately as the birds in our garden have been very vocal and active, especially around our fountain. He and Polly get on so well it is a delight to watch them play. I think he thinks he is a dog. He is always waiting at the front door when I come in with the dogs from a walk-it's like he's saying why didn't you take me too?

Have a great week,
Melanie


Comments:
Being on crutches will be a real bummer but better than being in a wheelchair. I know all about casts and surgery. I had an ankle fusion on Sept. 18 to restabilize an ankle that broke 10 years ago and pins were about to collapse. I will be laid up 8 months. I haven't even made it a month so know you will find it hard. Especially that part about bathroom breaks. God be with you.
posted by Blogger squiresj : 8:01 PM

<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?