Sunday, August 03, 2008

A quick weekend away

Hi everyone,
I had a quick weekend away in Sydney for some family birthdays. I feel like I hit the ground running since I got back. What is it about Mondays that makes it so hard to get out of bed? I wanted to stay curled up with my book and forget about all the jobs I have to do this week.
I have a lot of trips this month with New Zealand and Melbourne as well as a couple more trips to Sydney for my husband's work. It's always a good excuse to tag along to do research or shop. Shopping is research, right?!
My dogs hate it when I am away. My son told me how morose they both get, moping around with their heads down the whole time. The welcome they give me is so wonderful however, it makes me feel so loved.
I am now about half way into my current work in progress and looking forward to getting on with it after a few interuptions. That is part of the writing life, distractions occur all the time and it takes a lot of discipline to get back on track.
A big wave to all the wonderful finalists in the Rita awards and of course hearty congratulations to the winners.
Love to all,
Melanie


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?