Sunday, November 04, 2007

The race that stops a nation

Hi folks,
Well Tuesday is the day when the whole of Australia stops to watch the running of the Melbourne Cup. It is one of the richest horse races in the world. I went a couple of years ago, unfortunately it was shocking weather but it didn't really spoil it. It was a lot of fun the when those horses thunder down the home straight I can't help but shiver all over with excitement. I am going to have to watch it on TV this year as I am too busy to do anything else but even then you can still feel the electric atmosphere.
I am working hard on my new novel, I love the premise and the characters are coming alive which is a great feeling. It takes me a day or so to find out who they are and what they want.
We have a house full at the moment, my son and his fiancee are down from Sydney with two of their friends. They are going to do a three or four day tour of Tasmania and come back on Friday, or at least that is the plan. The weather is a bit cooler than we'd like but hopefully it will improve soon.
I'm off for a swim having had only two last week which is very slack of me. I have been nursing a shoulder problem so that's my excuse. I really missed the thinking time-it's amazing how many plot ideas I get when I am following the black line!
Have a great week,
Melanie x


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?