Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunshine at last!

Hi everyone,
We had a gloomy week last week of cloudy day after cloudy day but it lifted on Friday and now we have the bright spring sunshine we've been waiting for. November is my favourite month, it could have something to do with the fact my birthday is at the end of it! I love the longer evenings and the warmer weather, however when we lived in Scotland quite a few years ago I hated November as it was such a bleak time of year.
I have been asked to speak to a large group in Hobart this Friday about my life as a romance writer. It is always a privelege to talk to others, especially as it reminds me of what a wonderful job being a writer is. Sometimes when deadlines loom and things aren't going as well as I would like with a novel I lose sight of how much fun it is to create characters and scenarios that bring joy to others.
My son and his fiancee and their two friends have gone back to Sydney so there's no excuse for not working, although this gorgeous weather makes we want to pull out a sun lounge and reach for the sunscreen. Alas, my hero and heroine are just getting interesting so I must attend to them.
Have a great week,
Melanie


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?