Sunday, April 06, 2008

Finished!

Hi everyone,
I am finished the book! It took me longer than I wanted it to but that's because I set myself such impossible standards all the time. Do any of you do that? I find I set a goal that is a little too high and then end up beating myself up about not being able to achieve it. Some days I can write pages and pages, especially if I have some block time, other days I can barely get my thoughts in order. Once I am ahead of my schedule I feel energised and now is one of those times. I can't wait to get started on my next book, the ideas are already flowing and I have just have to decide on the heroine's name and what she looks like. This is so much fun!
We've had a bit of a wild week. On Wednesday night we had hurricane force winds, 174kph which was truly devastating for some people. Roofs came off, trees blew down and there was a lot of damage all around Hobart. We were lucky except for our garbage bins falling over and a few extra leaves scattered about, oh and the walnut tree got every last remaining walnut pelted to the ground! We've had lovely still days since so that is some sort of compensation.
Thank you to all my US readers for buying Innocent Wife, Baby of Shame as you have put me on the Waldies bestseller list for two weeks running. You totally rock!
All the best,
Melanie xx


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?