Sunday, May 04, 2008

Retail Therapy

Hello to you all,
I had just organised to go to Sydney for the weekend to visit my son and his fiancee when I got a call from my editor about some revisions I need to do on a novel. I was so stressed out as I love to do my revisions in one block. I have been known to sit glued to the chair for ten or twelve hours straight in order to get them done promptly. I thought about cancelling my trip but then realised how important thinking time is. I had a fabulous time catching up with my loved ones as well as two lovely friends as well as heaps of retail therapy. I had a long chat to one of the homeless young men I have met several times before, he told me his incredibly sad story which made me realise how most of us take for granted the families we have who look after us, love us and do their best to protect us. I also met a young father who was waiting for his wife outside a boutique. He was holding the most beautiful baby in his arms so I stopped to chat. I can't resist babies and puppies and kittens! He was a devoted new father and it was so beautiful seeing how gentle he was with the little baby. It gave me such inspiration for the book I am revising. Now I can't wait to get back to it and complete it. A special thank you to Rosalie from Melbourne who sent me a lovely email which came at exactly the right time. It lifted my spirits no end.
I hope you all have a happy and productive week.
All the best,
Melanie


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?