Sunday, December 02, 2007

Countdown to Christmas

Hi folks,
Well I don't know about you but I still haven't done a thing about Christmas. I am working on a Presents novel and with only 10,000 words to go I suddenly decided to change the setting and the nationality of the hero. That means a lot of rewriting and tweaking which I am quite happy to do as I think the novel will be much stronger as a result but it means I am not going to get anywhere near the shops for at least another ten days. I am going to Sydney this weekend and to Melbourne on Wednesday for a close friend's memorial service so it's going to be an up and down kind of time.
We had just one night at the beach house this weekend but because the weather was magnificent it felt much longer. The water is warmer every time I get in and the guys went out fishing and brought back lots of flathead for lunch. The dogs had so many walks and swims they were exhausted and even now are still sound asleep on my bed and it's Monday morning!
I am off for a quick swimn now and back to my desk. It's raining now and there are storms expected. We don't get many storms in Hobart as it is not humid enough so it will be a treat if one comes past.
Have a great week!
Melanie x


Comments:


<< Home

Recent Posts

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?